The AUVSI Remote Pilots Council (RPC) provides a forum for remote pilots to engage directly with other remote pilots, the FAA, and their AUVSI chapter. The RPC is made of members, leaders, ambassadors, instructors and mentors.
The important functions of the RPC are to;
- Provide real industry feedback into the Trusted Operator Program™.
- To share tools and training to understand the FAA waiver process and offer suggestions for increased efficiency and success in gaining permissions to fly.
- Be a council that actively focus on developing solutions for operational challenges.
- To increase the safety, professionalism and trust of the remote pilot community, and support the future of professional remote pilots.
- Be a united voice for practical and effective regulatory framework
Founded in the first quarter of 2017, your local Remote Pilot Council works within local AUVSI Chapters. The RPC in your area may have separate meetings and activities than the main chapter events. During 2019, RPC leaders in each chapter will be organizing events, workshops outreach programs in conjunction with the FAA and the Trusted Operator Program™.
If you are a remote pilot and want to be engaged in your community, apply to become a RPC Leader, Ambassador, Mentor or be mentored yourself. The Remote Pilots Council mission is to support the future to remote pilots by building a culture of professionalism and trust. Be part of the future, join today.