Media inquiries should be directed to:
Vice President, Advocacy and Public Affairs
Join our Media List
Photos from AUVSI events can be found on AUVSI's Flickr page
What is the Association for Unmanned Vehicle Systems International (AUVSI)?
The Association for Unmanned Vehicle Systems International (AUVSI) is the world's largest non-profit organization devoted exclusively to advancing the unmanned systems and robotics community. AUVSI serves members by providing the following services:
- Industry News and Publications
- Networking Opportunities Worldwide
- AUVSI’s Unmanned Systems North America Conference and Exhibition
- AUVSI's Unmanned Systems Program Review
- Meetings and events
- Regional Organizations in Canada and Australia
- Knowledge Services
- Online Career Center
- AUVSI Foundation
- Student Competitions
Who are the members of AUVSI?
Members of AUVSI represent all facets of unmanned systems from government, industry and academia. AUVSI’s membership is composed of individuals as well as corporate members. View AUVSI's Corporate Members.
How many members does AUVSI serve?
More than 7,000 individuals from more than 2,100 organizations in 55 countries.
What is the AUVSI Foundation?
The AUVSI Foundation is a tax-exempt 501(c)3 public charity established to support educational initiatives such as student competitions, AUVSI’s Youth Education Program, and other projects. The Foundation has provided more than $1.4 million to educational programs worldwide.
Are Media allowed to attend AUVSI events?
Yes! Media are welcome to attend most conferences and events hosted by AUVSI.
Media registration to AUVSI events is available at no fee for qualified media. For more information or to register for an AUVSI event, contact Tom McMahon at firstname.lastname@example.org. View Media credentials here.
Does AUVSI provide interviews and expert opinions on industry topics?
AUVSI has a number of resources available to media for information on the latest industry topics and trends. For more information, contact Tom McMahon at email@example.com
Media registration provides full access to AUVSI events.
Press Badge Information
Who is Eligible for Complimentary Press Badges?
To maintain quality news coverage and media representation at AUVSI events, members of the media need current, official credentials. You must meet the following criteria and present acceptable identification to qualify for a complimentary press badge.
- Press credentials are intended for members of the working media who are members of editorial staffs and reporting on events, programs and activities of AUVSI and its event attendees, speakers, or exhibitors.
- Those requesting media registration must be currently employed by a news organization; your press badge will reflect this affiliation.
- Freelance writers, writers for college and online publications, and photographers must present a letter of assignment from an approved media outlet to be granted a press badge.
- Advertising, public relations, marketing and sales representatives, and other non-editorial media outlet staff will not be granted press badges and must register through general registration and pay appropriate fees. Similarly, non-credentialed companions of properly credentialed media representatives must pay registration fees via attendee registration.
- Proper, non-expired credentials must be presented when registering onsite at the event.
- Media outlet interns and student practitioners accompanying credentialed media representatives must show documentation proving college credit is being received for the internship or other proof of employment.
- Recording for radio and television is generally allowed at AUVSI events. In some cases a speaker may decline to be recorded. Any crew member(s) accompanying a reporter for these purposes will also require a press badge for entry.
Identification (in addition to photo ID)
- Officially issued press credentials
- A business card with your name, title and media outlet
- A letter of assignment from managing editor/producer of an approved media outlet (photo copies not accepted)
- Recent publication masthead with your name and title
- News article published within the past six months with your byline
Assignment letters may be sent in advance and can be faxed to +1 703 845 9679 to the attention of communications or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
A confirmation email will be sent and media badges may be picked up onsite at the event registration desk. A government issued photo ID will be required when you pick up your badge at registration.