Senior Director of Business Development
PAE ISR is seeking a senior-level business developer to lead PAE ISR’s growth within the U.S. government and commercial markets. The ideal Senior Director, UAS Business Development is mission driven and has a strong track record of designing wins and revenue growth in a complex UAS environment. He/she has a strong working knowledge of the UAS market, current relationships within government UAS program offices, an intimate understanding of end users and the challenges they face, a strong technical background, and is highly motivated to grow a business. Core competencies would include strategy, business development, client management, complex consultative sales, RFP response, and capture. Relevant technical prowess, service record, and/or direct operational experience is a plus.
- Develops and maintains a close relationship with the key customers to understand their requirements, plans, goals and concerns to develop new business
- Based on customer assessment, identifies solutions from PAE ISR’s platform(s) that are attractive and essential to the customer and then positions PAE ISR as the best company to meet these customer needs
- Educates and supports sales with expert knowledge on products and their applications
- Supports sales closing; tenders, complex offerings, and big/key orders
- Develop strategies for future market changes and assess the likely impact on customers to identify growth opportunities and trends in domestic and international markets
- Identifies opportunities that customers may not have formal requirements for; creates white papers to propose PAE ISR solutions to help the customer meet their mission requirements
- In conjunction with PAE ISR’s operations leaders, develops the strategic growth plan for the customer area
- Consults with customer on upcoming requirements to help shape requests for proposals (RFPs) and ensures PAE ISR BD/proposal teams have full understanding of requirements, constraints, and perceived risks
- Assists BD/proposal teams in identifying the most likely requirements to successfully win an opportunity to include development and articulation of the solutions required, win strategies, themes and discriminators; clearly communicate these to both corporate executives and the proposal team
- Drives competitive intelligence and ensure effective internal sharing of insights
- Drives business segment, including target customers / applications and offerings
- Drives type of distribution and pricing tactics
- A minimum of 8 years of sales/business development/capture experience required.
- A minimum of 3 years of UAS/UAV sales/business development experience required.
- Demonstrated successful record of winning business/capturing market share required.
- International/commercial UAS sales experience desired.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Marketing, Science, Engineering or other related field OR equivalent experience required.
- Demonstrated track record in UAS related sales and business development experience
- Competitive, flexible and resourceful professional with very good networking and communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to identify, qualify and capture mid- and long-term business opportunities
- Proficient in writing proposals, giving presentations, supporting technology demonstrations, forecasting and closing transactions
- Strong business acumen and a real commitment to achieving goals and results
- Credibility with external constituents, specifically with this customer set; the candidate should have a developed network of relevant contacts in this customer set
- Deep and broad understanding of customer’s operations, priorities, short/long term goals, strengths, and weaknesses typically derived from having worked within this customer’s organization in a variety of roles and departments
- A broad-based understanding and knowledge of the business environment around the customer’s operations support services, understanding of the business cycles of this capability set
- Excellent customer service, interpersonal, and communication skills
- Ability to multi-task, organize, and prioritize multiple on-going projects
- Proficient in MS Office and Salesforce or similar customer relationship management/sales tool
- US Citizenship required.
- Active US Security clearance desired.