Save the Date: AUVSI Unmanned Systems Defense. Protection. Security., Feb. 6 to 8, 2018
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: Jan. 3, 2018
Contact: Tom McMahon, email@example.com, (571) 255-7786
Save the Date: AUVSI Unmanned Systems Defense. Protection. Security.,
Feb. 6 to 8, 2018
NATIONAL HARBOR, Md. – The Association for Unmanned Vehicle Systems International will host Unmanned Systems Defense. Protection. Security. (USDPS) from Feb. 6 to 8, 2018, at the Gaylord National Resort & Convention Center in National Harbor, Maryland, just minutes from Washington and the Pentagon.
USDPS will bring military and government agency decisionmakers together with industry and defense, protection and security professionals for three days of networking, discussions and presentations. Speakers and panelists will highlight emerging technologies, such as counter-UAS systems for protecting critical government facilities and infrastructure, that utilize air, ground and maritime unmanned systems.
The advancement and increased availability of unmanned systems solutions and technology will be demonstrated by the more than 50 companies that will be onsite with exhibits and product displays. They will provide attendees an insider’s view of the new offerings and trends in unmanned systems, robotics, artificial intelligence, cybersecurity and more.
Featured speakers include:
- Dr. Gerald Curry, Deputy Associate Under Secretary for Security, U.S. Department of Energy
- Rear Adm. Mark Darrah, PEO, Unmanned Aviation and Strike Weapons, U.S. Navy
- Orin Hoffman, Autonomy and Robotics, HQE DIUx
- Col. James Jenkins, Director, Science and Technology Division, Marine Corps Warfighting Laboratory
- Frank Kelley, Deputy Assistant Secretary of the Navy (Unmanned Systems), Office of the Assistant Secretary of the Navy (Research, Development & Acquisition)
- Dr. Scott D. Lathrop, Director of Cyber and Secure Autonomy, SoarTech
- Jean-Charles Ledé, Acting Deputy Director, Tactical Technology Office, DARPA
- The Honorable Ellen Lord, Under Secretary of Defense for Acquisition, Technology and Logistics
- Bryan McVeigh, Project Manager, Force Projection, PEO CS&CSS, U.S. Army
- Mary Miller, Acting Assistant Secretary of Defense for Research and Engineering
- Rear Adm. John P. Neagley, Program Executive Officer, Littoral Combat Ships, U.S. Navy
- Dr. John Pazik, Head, Expeditionary Maneuver Warfare and Combating Terrorism Department, Office of Naval Research
- Dr. Paul Rogers, Director, U.S. Army Tank Automotive Research Development and Engineering Center (TARDEC)
- Bob Sadowski, Chief Roboticist, U.S. Army
- Lt. Gen. Michael Shields, Director, Joint Improvised-Threat Defeat Organization
In addition, panel discussions will cover the challenges of artificial intelligence (AI) for security and public safety applications; cybersecurity and unmanned systems; and innovations in using unmanned systems for troop resupply and logistics; and other topics.
|WHAT:||AUVSI Unmanned Systems Defense. Protection. Security.|
|WHO:||AUVSI, industry experts and leaders from the military and defense community|
|WHEN:||Feb. 6 to 8, 2018|
|WHERE:||Gaylord National Resort & Convention Center
201 Waterfront St.
Oxon Hill, MD 20745
# # #
The Association for Unmanned Vehicle Systems International (AUVSI) — the world's largest non-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of unmanned systems and robotics — represents more than 7,500 members from more than 60 countries involved in the fields of government, industry and academia. AUVSI members work in the defense, civil and commercial markets. For more information, visit AUVSI.org.