Since its establishment in 1961, II-VI Optical Systems has maintained a commitment to customer satisfaction and continuous improvement. Our commitment to customer satisfaction is achieved by continuous training of our staff with focus on quality, on-time delivery, and cost reduction. From the initial customer inquiry to final delivery, meeting the customer's requirements is our primary objective.
This person is responsible for supervising the daily tactical operations, capturing and communicating external and internal customer requirements and acting as the liaison to ensure enhancement of customer relations resulting in increased customer satisfaction and revenue generation. The tasks include quotation through shipment, inclusive of account development, coordination of customer documentation through ERP management and order fulfillment, quality of services, program and product delivery and problem resolution. This person provides and collects input and prepares booking budget, forecasts, and long-term plans for review and approval by Director of Business Development and Order Management. This person contributes to the Business Development team's achievement of budgeted and forecasted bookings and interfaces with relevant personnel within II-VI OS to ensure appropriate issues are communicated in a timely and effective manner. The Product Line Manager monitors and provides feedback on addressable market, market trends, competitors and competitive position, and opportunities for new products and marketing strategies. This person assists with advertising and marketing activities, including participation in trade shows and conferences.
BS in Optical Engineering, Physics or equivalent
Minimum 5 - 10 years in relevant technical sales and marketing with exposure or direct experience in the photonics and/or machine vision markets
- Knowledge and experience in sales and marketing.
- Knowledge of the Photonics Industry related to the Company's product.
- Technical knowledge of optics/applications, laser, coating technology, photolithography, laser, and machine vision applications.
- Ability to perform many tasks simultaneously, including the daily activities necessary to exceed the job requirements.
- Consistently presents a professional image in the marketplace in actions, communication and appearance.
- Ability to effectively interface with customers and principals at various procurement, management and engineering levels.
- Ability to cost, prepare and deliver effective quotations to customers.
- Ability to prepare and deliver effective presentations to customers, co-workers and other constituencies.
- Ability to manage critical corporate customers and accounts.
- Familiar with ITAR and BIS export regulations, US Govt FARS and DFARS
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to comprehend (including technical concepts) and communicate at a high level.
"II-VI Optical Systems is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law."