QUALITY INSPECTOR – FINAL
Final inspection of finished products in accordance with policies, procedures, work instructions, customer requirements, military/government and industry standards.
- Performs specific job responsibilities:
- Tests products for length, breaks and attenuation using OTDR equipment; test based on priority
- Ensures product has been manufactured to requirements; identifies defects and problems resulting from the production process
- Evaluate data to validate compliance or identify deviations from existing standards
- Ensure all paperwork is accurate and complete
- Complete detailed documentation and reports of all Inspection activities in accordance with OCC policy and Customer specified requirements; including Defective Material / Non-conforming Material notices; Coordinates disposition of affected material
- Support implementation of data collection projects thru on-line Syspro system
- Promotes OCC’s service excellence and quality. Provides excellent service to customers; builds strong relationships and team cohesiveness; focuses on quality and positive solutions; communicates respectfully; demonstrates compassion and understanding in response to customer request/needs
III. Champions OCC’s mission, vision and values (as detailed in our 15 Essential Points of Success); complies with policies and procedures, ethical standards and Code of Conduct
- Organizational Responsibility – None
- Communication – Frequent communication via voice, email, and written reports
- Confidentiality – Has access to customer furnished data
- Financial Responsibility – None
- Judgment – Errors could result in defective product allowed to ship to customers
- Compliance – Responsible only to determine compliance with OCC defined requirements
- Travel – None required
Minimum Qualifications Required:
Education: High school diploma or GED
Experience: 3 or more years in a Quality Assurance/Control Inspection process preferred
Licensure, Certification and/or Registration: none
Other Minimum Qualifications: Effective interpersonal, communication and teamwork skills
Essential Skills, Abilities & Knowledge:
- Ability to read and comprehend basic instructions
- Demonstrated knowledge of ISO 9001 requirements
- Demonstrated knowledge of MIL-STD requirements
- Demonstrated knowledge of Quality Assurance/Control practices
- Demonstrated ability to use and understand the use of calipers, micrometers, and optical test equipment
- Must have the ability to solve problems with minimal direction
- Must demonstrate the ability to be objective in nature
- Must demonstrate an attention to detail
- Must have good inspection skills with minimal errors as established by the company
- Must be able to inspect a high quantity and quality of work
- Must be able to interact with manufacturing, sales personnel, and management
- Must demonstrate the willingness to learn new skills, show and interest in growing the company and present a professional positive attitude at all times
Manufacturing area environment. Will regularly be lifting or moving cable reels up to 50 Lbs. This is a quality position which requires sight sufficient for computer usage and significant detail for inspection. This position also requires an individual with hearing sufficient for telephone contact with employees and management as well as relaying messages accurately. There are significant computer input/data entry duties that require sufficient manual dexterity for handling small fiber optic products, tools, and instruments. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with a disability to perform the essential functions.
Note: This job description is only meant to be a representative summary of the major responsibilities and accountabilities performed by the incumbents of this job. The incumbents may be requested to perform job-related tasks other than those stated in this description.
OCC offers a positive work environment driven around 15 Essential Points of Success, which is how OCC aspires to operate and is an integral part of our corporate philosophy and culture. OCC offers a competitive benefits package to promote health and financial security for you and your family that includes company-sponsored health, dental and vision plans, Health Savings Accounts (HSA’s), Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA’s), life insurance, short and long term disability coverage, optional supplemental insurance plans; including, critical illness and accident, a 401(k) plan, an Employee Assistance Program (EAP), education assistance, and wireless discounts. Employees are also provided with security options including Healthy Rewards®, Secure Travel®, Will Preparation and Identity Theft protection as well as generous paid time off and holiday schedules.
Click here to apply.