What personal information do we collect from the people who visit or use our Site?
When joining, renewing, purchasing, registering, subscribing, or making any other transaction to obtain a product, service, or information, you may be asked to provide your name, email address, mailing address, phone number, business information, or other details necessary to complete the transaction and enhance your experience.
When do we collect information?
We collect information from you when you make any transaction described above on our Site.
How do we use your information?
We may use the information we collect from you when you in the following ways:
- To process your transactions quickly and efficiently.
- To send communications regarding your transactions.
- To respond to correspondence from you (live chat, email or phone inquiries).
- To send periodic communications about other relevant products, services and events that may be of interest to you.
- To improve the Site and Site-related services for our users.
How do we protect your information?
Our Site is scanned on a regular basis for security threats and known vulnerabilities, using malware scanning tools. Your personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only permissibly accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential. In addition, all sensitive/credit information you supply is encrypted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology.
Transactions processed through a gateway or other third-party provider and are not stored or processed on our servers. Please be aware, however, that no method of data transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic data storage, is 100% secure. Therefore, while we strive to protect your PII, we cannot guarantee the absolute security, integrity, and privacy of any or all information exchanged between you and us through the Site. We make no warranty, express, implied or otherwise, that we will prevent unauthorized access to or use of your personally identifiable information.
Do we use “cookies”?
You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You do this through your browser settings. Since each browser operates differently, look at your browser's Help Menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookies.
If you turn cookies off, some features may be disabled and your, the Site experience might become less efficient, and the site many not function properly. However, you will still be able to place orders.
We may share your information with third parties, including those who work on behalf of us and/or our business partners, for advertising purposes (including sending you communications about products, services, or information that may to be of interest to you or your business), to host, operate, or facilitate transactions on or through our Site, including, without limitation, application or registration for membership, events, or for internal business purposes, and if our asset(s) are sold or transferred to another entity. In addition, we may supplement the Personally Identifiable Information collected from you with information from other sources, such as business partners, in order to enhance our ability to provide or advertise our offerings or those of other entities or to otherwise tailor, manage, or operate our Site. We may also release information when its release is appropriate to comply with applicable laws, enforce our Site policies, or protect ours or others' rights, property or safety. Non-personally identifiable visitor information may also be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
The Site may contain links to third-party websites, products, and services. Information collected by third parties, which may include location data or contact details, is governed by their privacy practices. Please be aware that AUVSI has no control or influence over the privacy practices of other sites. We encourage you to learn about the privacy practices of those third parties.
The Site may also allow you to create a profile (“Profile”) and be featured in a member directory. Submission of information for your Profile is voluntary. We wish to remind you that any information you disclose in your Profile or in the member directory, including any Personally Identifiable Information, will become public information and visible to other users. You may opt out of making such information public by not submitting such information or adjusting your privacy settings on the site.
Google's advertising policies are described in Google's Advertising Principles. They are put in place to provide a positive experience for users. For more information, please use the following link: https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/1316548?hl=en.
We have implemented the following:
- Remarketing with Google AdSense
- Google Display Network Impression Reporting
- Demographics and Interests Reporting
- DoubleClick Platform Integration
We, along with third-party vendors such as Google use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookies) and third-party cookies (such as the DoubleClick cookie) or other third-party identifiers together to compile data regarding user interactions with ad impressions and other ad service functions as they relate to our website.
You can also set preferences for how Google advertises to you using the Google Ad Settings page. Alternatively, you can opt out by visiting the Network Advertising Initiative Opt Out page or by using the Google Analytics Opt Out Browser add on.
California Online Privacy Protection Acts
Pursuant to CalOPPA, we note the following:
- Users can visit our Site anonymously.
- Can change your personal information by logging in to your account
- We honor Do Not Track signals and do not track, plant cookies, or use advertising when a Do Not Track (DNT) browser mechanism is in place.
- We allow third-party behavioral tracking
COPPA (Children Online Privacy Protection Act)
We care about the safety of children using our Site and encourage parents and guardians to monitor their children’s use of the Internet. Although the Site is suitable for a general audience, the Site is intended for use only by users who are over 18 years of age (or the legal age of majority, whichever is greater). Accordingly, we do not knowingly solicit Personally Identifiable Information from children under the age of 18 and reserve the right to limit participation in particular activities on or through the Site to individuals above a certain age. We do not specifically market to children under the age of 13 years.
Fair Information Practices
Should a breach, theft or loss of data occur, we will notify you via email within seven business days, or as soon as reasonably practicable thereafter, of determining that such an action may have occurred.
CAN SPAM Act
We may collect your email address in order to:
- Send information, respond to inquiries, and/or other requests or questions.
- Process orders and to send information and updates pertaining to orders.
- Communicate with you regarding our and third-party offerings.
- Market to our mailing list or continue to send emails to our clients after the original transaction has occurred.
- Not to use false or misleading subjects or email addresses.
- To identify the message as an advertisement in some reasonable way.
- To include the physical address of our business or Site headquarters.
- To monitor third-party email marketing services for compliance, if any are used.
- To honor opt-out/unsubscribe requests quickly.
- To allow users to unsubscribe by using the link at the bottom of each email. If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- To follow the instructions at the bottom of each email and to promptly remove you from affected correspondence.
2700 South Quincy Steet, Suite 400
Arlington, Virginia 22206
Telephone: +1 703 845 9671