Manufacturing Engineering Supervisor
II-VI Optical Systems' designs, manufactures, assembles and tests precision optical systems and components. Our products have been deployed on military platforms such as submarines, tanks, missiles, fighter jets and UAV's. II-VI Optical Systems has grown over the years from a provider of specialty optical materials to a full service provider of optical components and optical systems.
Since its establishment in 1961, II-VI Optical Systems has maintained a commitment to customer satisfaction and continuous improvement. Our commitment to customer satisfaction is achieved by continuous training of our staff with focus on quality, on-time delivery, and cost reduction. From the initial customer inquiry to final delivery, meeting the customer's requirements is our primary objective.
Directs manufacturing engineering resources to evaluate, implement, maintain, and upgrade manufacturing processes, tooling, and equipment to improve yields and efficiency and to reduce processing and cycle time. Assesses manufacturing equipment for functionality and suitability and recommends improvements, upgrades, and modifications. Is responsible for a creating and maintaining a comprehensive preventive maintenance program and identify sufficient critical spares to ensure limited process down time. Responsible for recognizing that processes and equipment may require troubleshooting and root cause analysis to return them to peak functionality. Implements a robust corrective action plan to ensure manufacturing issues are resolved in a timely manner and will not be repeated. Prioritizes and plans process improvements to address the most pressing needs while ensuring quality and timely delivery of products. Ensures that manufacturing technicians are trained on the proper execution of new processes and the safe and efficient operation of new equipment. Coordinates with the engineering department to support R&D, product development, and prototype manufacturing. Will oversee source recommendation and coordination of supplier input during the development process. Demonstrates leadership in recognizing the potential for cost reductions and quality improvements.
BS in Engineering or technically related discipline.
Seven (7) or more years' experience in technical manufacturing environment. Demonstrated experience as a manager, supervisor or team leader in a high technology environment.
1. Experience with process development of precision optical and patterned optics using photolithography, plating and thin film coating processes
2. Knowledge of manufacturing methods for production of precision patterns on a variety of optical, ceramic, and composite materials
3. Basic knowledge of optical fabrication methods and quality standards
4. Skilled at developing and executing plans and goals, motivating and engaging the workforce, evaluating work accomplishments and providing effective feedback
5. Strong analytical and problem solving skills
6. Ability to excel in a cross-organizational, cross-cultural, global-team environment
7. Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills and the ability to comprehend and communicate at multiple levels within and outside the organization
8. Skilled at developing relationships and mentoring
9. Set a high standard of ethics, professionalism, leadership and competency
10. Basic knowledge of military standards for optics and quality management systems including AS9100 and ISO9001 standards
11. Due to ITAR compliance, this position requires candidates to be a U.S. Citizen, Permanent Resident Alien, or Protected Individual per 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)
12. Defense industry related experience
13. Demonstrates and promotes the II-VI Worldwide values: Customer First, Honesty and Integrity, Open Communications, Teamwork, Continuous Improvement and Learning, Manage by the "Facts", A Safe, Clean and Orderly Workplace
14. Strong knowledge of ERP Systems
"II-VI Optical Systems is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law."