Front-End Web Developer
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2015, Airbus generated revenues of 64.5 billion and employed a workforce of around 136,600.
Airbus is a shareholder of the missile systems provider MBDA, a major partner in the Eurofighter consortium and owns a 50% stake in ATR, the turboprop aircraft maker, and Airbus Safran Launchers, the Ariane launcher manufacturer.
Airbus is a leading global manufacturer of Commercial Aircraft comprising highly successful families of aircraft ranging from 100 to over 600 seats. In Defense and Space, Airbus is a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft as well as space systems, equipment and services. In Helicopters, Airbus is the world's No. 1 civil and parapublic helicopter manufacturer offering the world's widest range of civil and military helicopters.
What is Aerial?
Aerial brings together drone technology, high-altitude unmanned aircraft, satellite imaging infrastructure and analytical software into one common service offering for the commercial market. Our products give customers the ability to manage assets, support their customers and deliver new services in a new cost effective way leveraging aerial data. Aerial is a new startup division of Airbus, the global aerospace leader. We are building a state of the art and new-to-the-world capability, which will bring value to customers around the world. With applications ranging from disaster response, utility line inspections, insurance risk modeling to agriculture, the global aerial intelligence services market is expected to rapidly grow to $12.6 Billion by 2025 and we are leading the charge.
Why Work for Aerial?
As an autonomous unit within Airbus, we're also a part of one of the world's premier suppliers of aircraft, satellites, and defense hardware. We offer the best of both worlds: the speed, environment, and culture of a startup with the support and financial backing of a global aerospace pioneer. We have the freedom to move quickly, try new things, learn fast, and get products into market efficiently. We have a great team, casual dress code, plenty of snacks, drinks and coffee. Lots of employee engagement activities including happy hours, luncheons, other fun team building activities and incredible contemporary offices at Ponce City Market in the heart of Atlanta. Aerial also offers competitive compensation with the healthcare and PTO benefits of larger companies. In addition we offer 401k and pension plans making it easier to save for the long term.
It is the perfect combination of building innovative technology and products in an agile environment, with excellent support behind you.
Position Summary: Build modern, intuitive and responsive front-end web applications that facilitate customer access to the robust visual data we acquire using our robust satellite and unmanned aircraft.
- Collaborate with product team and liaise with product designer to develop high quality and modern intuitive user interfaces for the data portal and drone services platform.
- Translate designs and style guides provided by the product designer and use the UI components to build functional user interfaces ensuring cross browser compatibility and performance.
- Participate in code reviews, architecture reviews, and other technical discussions.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualified Experience / Skills / Training:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field or combination of education and experience.e experience.
1-3 Years of Experience:
- GIT as source code management system.
- Working with Agile, Continuous Delivery approaches such as Continuous Integration, TDD.
- Building mapping and charting applications is a plus
- Docker, Kubernetes is a plus.
Knowledge, Skills, Demonstrated Capabilities:
- Ability to write modern, intuitive and high performance client side applications.
Communication Skills (Spoken, Written, Influencing, Proficiency in Other Languages):
- Strong command of English, written and verbal.
- Knowledge of other European languages (German, French, Spanish, etc.) would be advantageous.
Technical Systems Proficiency:
- Familiarity with Leaflet, OpenLayers 3 or MapBox JS is a plus.
- 10-15% Domestic and International
- Able to work in the US without sponsorship. US Citizenship or Green Card required.
Decision Making, Complexity:
- Work independently and collaboratively to write modern, intuitive and high performance client side applications. Complexity will vary from low to medium.
Job Dimensions, Contributions to Success:
- Software developer will be developing and supporting Airbus Aerial applications that are vital to the function of the company.
Nature of Contacts:
- Involved in collaborative communication on a daily basis with internal parties.
Airbus in America provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetics, pregnancy, marital status, veteran status or other legally protected status. In addition to federal law requirements, Airbus in America complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, demotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, benefits and training.
Airbus in America expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetics, pregnancy, marital status, veteran status or other legally protected status. Improper interference with the ability of Airbus' employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
As a matter of policy, Airbus does not sponsor visas for US positions unless specified. Only applicants with current work authorization will be considered.
Airbus does not offer tenured or guaranteed employment. Either the company or the employee can terminate the employment relationship at any time, with or without cause, with or without notice.