The Cascade Chapter is the branch of AUVSI representing the states of Oregon and Washington, located in the beautiful Pacific Northwest region of the United States. Established in 2009, the group has rapidly grown as additional Unmanned Systems professionals learn about the benefits of membership.
The Cascade Chapter supports the objectives of AUVSI: It aims to...
- Provide an organization for individuals who have a common interest in Unmanned Vehicle Systems and who wish to foster and expand the domain of Unmanned Vehicle Systems
- Advance the technology
- Exchange ideas and information in the field of Unmanned Vehicle Systems
- Recognize advances and contributions
- Promote the education of the membership and general public in the field of Unmanned Vehicle Systems
- Document the history of Unmanned Vehicle Systems
The Cascade Chapter currently hosts meetings two times per year, alternating locations between the Seattle and Portland metropolitan areas. Recently, the group formed committees to address specific areas of interests. These include programming, membership, finance, government and media relations, and education initiatives.