FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: Oct. 20, 2016
Contact: Tom McMahon, email@example.com, (571) 255-7786
Reminder: AUVSI's Unmanned Systems Defense Convenes in Arlington, October 25 to 27
Leaders and experts in defense strategy and technology to come together for networking and discussions
ARLINGTON, Va. — The Association for Unmanned Vehicle Systems International will host Unmanned Systems Defense from Oct. 25 to 27 at the Ritz-Carlton, Pentagon City in Arlington, Virginia. The conference will bring together industry leaders and defense professionals for three days of networking, discussions, and presentations about innovations and the future of unmanned systems and defense technology.
AUVSI’s Unmanned Systems Defense is devoted to air, ground and maritime operations for unmanned systems. The conference will feature exhibitors that specialize in areas such as undersea robotics, geotechnology, messaging software, battle-tested UGVs, and many more. Featured speakers include:
- Gen. Daniel B. Allyn, Vice Chief of Staff, U.S. Army
- Chris O’Donnell, Director of the Joint Rapid Acquisition Cell (JRAC)
- Lt. Gen. James M. Holmes, Deputy Chief of Staff for Strategic Plans and Requirements, Headquarters U.S. Air Force
- Lt. Gen. Jon M. Davis, Deputy Commander for Aviation, Marine Corps Aviation
- Lt. Gen. Arnold W. Bunch, Deputy, Office of the Assistant Secretary of the Air Force Acquisition, U.S. Air Force
- Vice Adm. David C. Johnson, Principal Military Deputy, Assistant Secretary of the Navy for Research, Development and Acquisition, U.S. Navy
- Lt. Gen. Robert S. Walsh, Commanding General, Marine Corps Combat Development Command, and Deputy Commandant, Combat Development and Integration, U.S. Marine Corps
- Maj. Gen. Robert M. “Bo” Dyess, Deputy Director, Army Capabilitie Integration Center
- Elliott B. Branch, Deputy Assistant Secretary of the Navy for Acquisition and Procurement, Office of the Assistant Secretary of the Navy
- Frank Kelley, Deputy Assistant Secretary of the Navy, Unmanned Systems, Office of the Assistant Secretary of the Navy, Research, Development and Acquisition
- Rear Adm. Mathias Winter, Chief of Naval Research, Office of Naval Research, U.S. Navy
- Rear Adm. Bill Merz, Director, Undersea Warfare Division, U.S. Navy
- Brig. Gen. Robert L. Marion, Program Executive Officer, Aviation, U.S. Army
- Jean-Charles Ledé, Program Manager, Tactical Technology Office, DARPA
- Dr. Bob Sadowski, Army Chief Roboticist, U.S. Army TARDEC
In addition, panels will highlight how unmanned systems are supporting defense agencies and the intelligence community.
For media registration, contact Tom McMahon at firstname.lastname@example.org or (571) 255-7786. For more information about AUVSI’s Unmanned Systems Defense, visit www.thedefenseshow.org.
# # #
The Association for Unmanned Vehicle Systems International (AUVSI) — the world's largest nonprofit organization dedicated to the advancement of unmanned systems and robotics — represents more than 7,500 members from more than 60 countries involved in the fields of government, industry and academia. AUVSI members work in the defense, civil and commercial markets.