Media registration provides full access to AUVSI events.
Press Badge Information
Who is Eligible for Complimentary Press Badges?
To maintain quality news coverage and media representation at AUVSI events, members of the media need current, official credentials. You must meet the following criteria and present acceptable identification to qualify for a complimentary press badge.
- Press credentials are intended for members of the working media who are members of editorial staffs and reporting on events, programs and activities of AUVSI and its event attendees, speakers, or exhibitors.
- Those requesting media registration must be currently employed by a news organization; your press badge will reflect this affiliation.
- Freelance writers, writers for college and online publications, and photographers must present a letter of assignment from an approved media outlet to be granted a press badge.
- Advertising, public relations, marketing and sales representatives, and other non-editorial media outlet staff will not be granted press badges and must register through general registration and pay appropriate fees. Similarly, non-credentialed companions of properly credentialed media representatives must pay registration fees via attendee registration.
- Proper, non-expired credentials must be presented when registering onsite at the event.
- Media outlet interns and student practitioners accompanying credentialed media representatives must show documentation proving college credit is being received for the internship or other proof of employment.
- Recording for radio and television is generally allowed at AUVSI events. In some cases a speaker may decline to be recorded. Any crew member(s) accompanying a reporter for these purposes will also require a press badge for entry.
Identification (in addition to photo ID)
- Officially issued press credentials
- A business card with your name, title and media outlet
- A letter of assignment from managing editor/producer of an approved media outlet (photo copies not accepted)
- Recent publication masthead with your name and title
- News article published within the past six months with your byline
Assignment letters may be sent in advance and can be faxed to +1 703 845 9679 to the attention of Melanie Hinton or emailed to email@example.com.
A confirmation email will be sent and media badges may be picked up onsite at the event registration desk. A government issued photo ID will be required when you pick up your badge at registration.