The Association for Unmanned Vehicle Systems International is the world's largest non-profit organization devoted exclusively to advancing the unmanned systems and robotics community. Serving more than 7,500 members from government organizations, industry and academia, AUVSI is committed to fostering, developing, and promoting unmanned systems and robotic technologies. AUVSI members support defense, civil and commercial sectors.
AUVSI Branding Guidelines
AUVSI UAS Operations Code of Conduct
AUVSI UAS Privacy Statement
AUVSI's 2014 Annual Report
Advancing the unmanned systems and robotics community through education, advocacy and leadership.
To improve humanity by enabling the global use of robotic technology in everyday lives.
AUVSI's Strategic Goals
- Inclusive Community – AUVSI will be an inclusive and accessible global organization encompassing the robotics/unmanned systems community.
- Global Focus – AUVSI will be the essential partner in the growth and reach of the global robotics/unmanned systems community.
- Education and Outreach - AUVSI will facilitate the expansion of robotics/unmanned systems knowledge and will promote educational opportunities.
- Knowledge Source – AUVSI will be the preferred robotics/unmanned systems knowledge source.
- Advocacy and Influence – There will be recognition of AUVSI by governments, industry and academia as a powerful advocate for robotics/unmanned systems.
- Member Services – AUVSI will provide value-added services to its current and potential membership.
View Larger Map
AUVSI is located at the Shirlington Village in Arlington, Virginia
2700 S. Quincy Street
Arlington, VA 22206
Phone: +1 703 845 9671
Fax: +1 703 845 9679
Member Services and Chapters
Publications and Marketing
Brett Davis, Vice President of Publications and Marketing, Editor
Conferences and Tradeshow Logistics
Staci Butler, Vice President of Conference and Exposition Services
By the end of the Vietnam War, the potential for Remotely Piloted Vehicle (RPV) technology began gaining momentum and in 1972, the National Association of Remotely Piloted Vehicles (NARPV) was created to promote and advance this rapidly growing industry.
By the late 1970's, RPV's became known as Unmanned Air Vehicles (UAVs), but the newly recognized term "unmanned" encompassed more than just air vehicles. Growing developments in the ground, maritime and space arenas caused the organization to broaden its reach and in 1978, the NARPV expanded its focus and services to create a community that included all unmanned systems disciplines. The community became known as the Association for Unmanned Vehicle Systems (AUVS).
Through the 80s and 90s, AUVS mirrored the fast pace of growth of the unmanned systems industry, and the demand for the organization's services began to reach globally. In 1996, AUVS adopted an international focus and became the Association for Unmanned Vehicle Systems International (AUVSI).
AUVSI continues as the hub of the global unmanned systems and robotics community. Through communication, education, advocacy, awareness and leadership, the organization continues to promote and support the unmanned systems and robotics industry.
Welcome to the AUVSI Store. Show that you are a part of the unmanned systems community by wearing or using official AUVSI merchandise.